Call for Abstracts
Thank you for your interest in GHME 2013 abstract submission. The February 11 submission deadline has passed, and we are very pleased to have received hundreds of submissions.
Participants will be informed of the acceptance of abstracts for oral or poster presentation no later than March 28, 2013.
Funding is currently available to support the economy airfare, hotel, and conference fees for the presenting author of abstracts accepted for oral presentation. The conference organizers are seeking additional funding to support presenting authors of abstracts accepted for poster presentation, but cannot guarantee funding at this time.
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (Seattle, WA, USA), The Lancet, the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, the Harvard School of Public Health, and the University of Melbourne School of Population and Global Health have closed submission of abstracts for oral or poster presentation at their conference Global Health Metrics and Evaluation, to be held on June 17–19, 2013 in Seattle, WA, USA.
A call for abstracts has been published in The Lancet. A peer-review process will be organized by the journal and accepted abstracts will be published in a booklet and on The Lancet‘s website.
Submitted abstracts cover a broad range of topics related to health metrics and evaluation including the following topics:
· Measuring effective coverage of interventions
· Health financing (National Health Accounts, financial risk protection, and costing)
· Impact evaluations
· Metrics for the Post-2015 era
· Burden of diseases and injuries
· Comparative risk assessment
· Measuring child mortality and causes of death
· Coping with variations in estimates in global health
· Measurement of co-morbidities: methodological challenges
· Disability weights: common values in assessing health outcomes
· Trends in health inequalities
· New directions in cost-effectiveness analysis
· Strengthening vital registration in developing countries